This Whole30 Nicoise Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette is an easy and delicious meal. It is perfect for summer and entertaining!
Nicoise Salad is a French dish that is typically comprised of potatoes, green beans, eggs, capers, tomatoes, greens, and anchovies or tuna tossed in olive oil. In this Whole30 version, I’ve included seared Ahi Tuna and a simple homemade Champagne Vinaigrette. Typically I’m not a big salad girl, but I love this! It truly feels like a complete meal since it has lots of protein, healthy fats, and carbs. The components of the salad can be made ahead of time and plated together when you’re ready to serve.
I used my Instant Pot to cook the potatoes and the hard boiled eggs at the same time, which is such a game changer! To do this, fill the pot with 1.5 cups of water. Add the trivet, then add the eggs and the mini red potatoes. Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes, then manually release the steam.
What Ingredients do I need to make this Whole30 Nicoise Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette?
- Ahi Tuna – I got a fresh organic Yellowfin Ahi Tuna steak from the seafood counter at Wegmans. I think any seafood would be delicious with this dish. Salmon or shrimp!
- Greens – I used a mixture of spring mix, spinach, and kale.
- Green beans
For the vinaigrette,
- Olive oil
- Champagne vinegar (this is Whole30 compliant)
- Minced garlic
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh parsley
- Coconut aminos (or honey if not Whole30)
- Dijon mustard
The dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How do I cook the Ahi Tuna?
It’s a lot easier than it may seem! Simply season both sides of the tuna steak with salt and pepper. Heat a little avocado oil or olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and let it get VERY hot. Add the tuna and cook for 1 minute per side for rare, and 2 minutes per side for medium. You can also grill the tuna for the same amount of time.
If you make this Whole30 Nicoise Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations! Looking for some other delicious salad ideas? Check out this Tenderloin Salad with Strawberry Balsamic or Deviled Egg Potato Salad!
Whole30 Nicoise Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 8 oz ahi tuna steak
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 lb baby red potatoes
- 2 cups green beans
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1.5 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh oregano chopped fine
- 2 tsp fresh parsley chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut aminos or honey if not Whole30
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and whisk well. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To cook the potatoes and hard boiled eggs at the same time in the Instant Pot*, add 1.5 cups water to the bottom of the pot. Add the trivet, then place the eggs and potatoes on top of the trivet. Cook for 5 minutes on high pressure, then manually release the pressure. Transfer the eggs to an ice bath to halt the cooking. Peel and slice them. Let the potatoes cool, then slice them in half and toss with 1/4 of the vinaigrette.
- Cook the green beans - I steamed them in a pot with 1 inch of water for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Slice your tomatoes.
- To cook the ahi tuna, season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil a large cast iron pan over medium high heat. Cook the tuna for 1 minutes per side for rare. Slice thin.
- Plate your salads: Add some greens, sliced hard boiled eggs, green beans, tomatoes, olives, capers, potatoes, and tuna to your bowls. Pour the vinaigrette over top and enjoy!