This Spiked Shamrock Shake is a dairy free, gluten free, and vegan version of the classic festive green shake. Perfect for all of your St. Patrick’s Day festivities!
When I asked what kinds of St. Patrick’s Day recipes you guys wanted this week, the overwhelming response was a SHAMROCK SHAKE! I’m super excited about this version, because it’s dairy free, gluten free, and vegan. I remembered that Bailey’s makes a delicious dairy free version of the Irish cream liqueur called Almande, and figured it would be super fun to add it! You can find it at your local liquor store. Obviously you can omit this for a non-alcoholic version of this Shamrock Shake, if that’s your preference!
My favorite dairy free ice cream is Coconut Bliss Vanilla Island. You can find it in many stores (Wegmans, Safeway, Sprouts, etc). You can use any type of vanilla ice cream you want!
How do you make it green?
This shake is dye free, and instead we use spinach to turn it green! I promise you can’t taste it – it’s just an added nutrient bonus and way to get the light green festive color 🙂
A Vitamix was used to make these milkshakes. They aren’t cheap, but I can’t say enough great things about mine! I was able to get a refurbished version on their website and it was a great investment.
This spiked shamrock shake is super sweet which is not usually my preference, but it’s a super delicious indulgent treat!
I used dairy free whipped cream for the topping – almond or coconut based whipped cream will work!
If you make these Spiked Shamrock Shakes, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife. Can’t wait to see what you whip up!
Spiked Shamrock Shake (gluten free, dairy free, vegan)
- 1/2 cup Bailey's Almande Liqueur
- 1 pint dairy free ice cream of choice I like Coconut Bliss Vanilla. It's about 2.5 cups
- 1/2 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup raw spinach, packed i use a small handful. You can't taste it!
- 6 drops peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- dairy free whipped cream for topping optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth and creamy. Serve with almond milk whipped cream or coconut cream, if desired. Enjoy!