This Paleo Dalgona Whipped Coffee is a dairy free version of the new coffee craze that is taking the Internet by storm! It is also refined sugar-free and gluten free.
I recently tried out the Whipped Coffee trend that is taking over the internet, and turns out it’s really fun to make! I decided to make a refined sugar-free and dairy free version, and it was delicious. This Paleo Dalgona Whipped Coffee is definitely stronger and sweeter than what I am used to. However, it’s a great occasional treat to have!
The concept is simple: you basically whip together instant coffee, sugar, and hot water to create a foam, and pour it over a cup of your milk of choice (and ice).
If you follow me on Instagram @maryswholelife, I saved my tutorial for making this on my “Coffee” highlight.
What Ingredients Do I need to Make this Paleo Dalgona Whipped Coffee?
It is quite simple to make, and very few ingredients are needed. If you have Celiac disease or a gluten intolerance, it is important to look for gluten free instant coffee.
- Instant Coffee – I got this brand on Amazon and it’s delicious!
- Coconut Sugar
- Hot Water
- Dairy Free milk of choice – I used Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
This is the Electric Hand Mixer that I have, and I love it! It worked great for this whipped coffee. You can use the double beaters or the whisk attachment. You can also use a hand whisk – it may just take some extra elbow grease and time to get the results you want!
If you make this whipped coffee, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife. I love seeing your creations!
*Please note this recipe makes enough for TWO servings. I’ve found it helps to have double the ingredients in the bowl so there is enough to whip. The consistency is better. However, if you only need to make one serving, just cut the ingredients in half!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Dalgona Whipped Coffee (Dairy Free)
- Hand Mixer
- 2 tbsp Instant Coffee
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1.5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 16 oz dairy free milk of choice
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the instant coffee and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl (to prevent splattering). Add the 2 tbsp boiling water and use a hand mixer to whip it for approximately 3.5-4 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice, then pour 8 oz of your dairy free milk of choice into each cup. Spoon the whipped coffee mixture on top of the milk. Enjoy!