Paleo Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
This Paleo Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is the perfect side dish for all of your summer BBQs and cookouts! It is simple to make and requires no cooking (minus the bacon)! It’s cool, crunchy, sweet, and savory. Gluten free, paleo, and Whole30!
I think I could eat this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with every meal. We pretty much did last week after I photographed this and I was sad when it was all gone! This is the perfect summer side to serve with burgers, hot dogs, or grilled chicken or shrimp. It is sure to be a hit at all of your summer gatherings!
What You Need to Make This Paleo Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this simple salad!
- Broccoli florets
- Cauliflower florets
- Mayo (I always grab a big jar of Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayo at Costco! It’s my favorite!)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut aminos – This replaces the sugar that normally goes into this recipe. The two brands that I use that are sweet (vs salty) are Trader Joe’s and Coconut Secret. I can’t vouch for any other brand – some may be saltier than others! You can always add a dash of maple syrup if you want this to be sweeter. In my opinion, 3 tbsp of coconut aminos was perfect.
- Red onion
- Dried cranberries – Amazon has some sugar free ones, or you can use any dried cranberries you can find!
- Sunflower seed kernels
- Bacon – I love to get this from Butcher Box. It is sugar free and seriously the best bacon you will ever have! Whole30 approved, also.
How To Make This Paleo Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Make the bacon. I like to use my No Mess Baked Bacon method! Lay the bacon pieces out flat on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 13-15 minutes or until desired level of crispiness has been reached! Drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble the bacon pieces.
Combine the broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, crumbled bacon, dried cranberries, sunflower seed kernels, diced red onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Mix up the sauce ingredients. Combine the mayo, apple cider vinegar, and coconut aminos in a small bowl and whisk. Pour the sauce over the salad and toss to combine. Serve it immediately, or let it chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving!
Feel free to add some cheese (cheddar would be great) or vegan shredded cheese if desired!
Looking for some other delicious and healthy sides to serve at your BBQs this summer? Check these out!
Gluten Free Tuna Macaroni Salad
If you try out this Broccoli salad, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 12 oz cauliflower florets
- 8 pieces sugar free bacon
- 1 cup mayo, I like Sir Kensington's Avocado Oil Mayo
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos, I like to use Trader Joe's or Coconut Secret brand. Both are sweet vs salty.
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup sunflower seed kernels
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese or vegan cheese - optional
- Make the bacon. Heat your oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil. Lay the bacon pieces out flat and cook for 13-15 minutes until crispy. Drain them on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble the bacon pieces.
- Combine the broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, crumbled bacon, dried cranberries, sunflower seed kernels, diced red onion, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix up the sauce ingredients. Combine the mayo, apple cider vinegar, and coconut aminos in a small bowl and whisk.
- Pour the sauce over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately, or chill in the fridge for a few hours first. Enjoy!
11 Comments on “Paleo Broccoli Cauliflower Salad”
This was very good!
This is the perfect BBQ side dish! It is easy to make ahead of time, which I love . It was packed with flavor. It felt indulgent, but still provided lots of vegetables at the same time!
Our new favorite salad. Since we love broccoli and cauliflower, this is perfect for us. Such amazing flavor. Even better the second day.
This recipe is very practical that even my husband was able to make it. I like that it taste as fresh and crunchy even after 2 days in the fridge not to mentioned it is very fulfilling. Absolutely perfect.
Addicting and so easy to throw together!
We brought this to a potluck dinner and I was little nervous because I don’t love raw broccoli. It was a huge hit! Even the kids went for seconds! So good!
So glad you enjoyed it, Chelsea!!
Absolutely delicious and so easy to make. Great flavors with such simple ingredients. I felt like I was serving a gourmet salad from a 5 star restaurant to my family. Everyone went back for seconds
This is a new family favorite! My husband has been asking me to make it every week. I love that it is easy to put together and all clean ingredients!
I have made this for many family members and it is amazing! Love, love this!!😍
Will be making this soon can i use mushrooms and vegan mayo as am a vegan can i skip dried cranberries as am not a big fan of it i never had salad before perfect for my after office meals will dm you if i make this and let you know how it goes Thanks Ramya