Easy Grain Free Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
These Easy Grain Free Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas come together in less than 30 minutes! You can use regular cheese or dairy free shreds. Either way it’s a meal the whole family will love! Gluten free!
Enchiladas and rice with sour cream and guacamole might be one of my all-time favorite meals. All Mexican food is my favorite, for that matter! These grain free enchiladas are so incredibly easy to make and sure to be a crowd pleaser. I am definitely making them again for Cinco de Mayo this week!
Easy Grain Free Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
What Ingredients You Need to Make These Easy Grain Free Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these! They are very customizable, as well. I realize not everyone has stores nearby that carry Siete products, so you can definitely swap any tortillas and enchilada sauces of choice! You can click here for a Siete Foods store locator!
- Grain free tortillas – I’ve found that the Siete Cassava tortillas hold up the best in recipes where bending/folding is required. But any tortillas will work!
- Rotisserie chicken – if you have to be gluten free, be sure to check labels. I usually only grab rotisserie chickens from Whole Foods since the ingredients are minimal and they’re gluten free. You can also quickly poach chicken breasts by filling a pot with water, adding the breasts, and bringing it to a boil. Cover the pot and remove it from heat. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then shred the chicken. Easy peasy!
- Enchilada Sauce – Again, love Siete brand for this meal. They are also Whole30 compliant for anyone who is doing a round!
- Black beans
- Shredded cheddar cheese or dairy free cheese. I love the Unexpected Cheddar from Trader Joe’s!
- Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt
- Avocado and fresh cilantro, for garnish if desired
Feel free to omit the chicken for a vegetarian option, or sub in some shrimp for a seafood option!
How to Make these Easy Grain Free Enchiladas
Preheat your oven to 350. Add the pulled rotisserie chicken, black beans, diced green chiles, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and 2 tbsp of the enchilada sauce to a large bowl and mix well.
Spread a thin amount of the enchilada sauce one the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Please a tortilla flat on a plate (or inside the casserole dish – it will help to coat the tortilla but might be messy!) and add some of the chicken & black bean mixture into the middle. Roll it up and place it seam side-down inside the baking dish. Repeat this process with all 8 tortillas, making sure most (if not all) of the filling has been used.
Pour the remaining enchilada sauce from the jar over top of the enchiladas.
Sprinkle the cheese (or dairy free cheese) on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are beginning to brown.
Looking for some other delicious and healthy Mexican-inspired recipes? Check these out!
Easy Grain Free Enchiladas
- 1 pack Siete Foods Cassava Tortillas, or 8 tortillas of choice
- 3 cups pulled rotisserie chicken
- 14.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4.5 oz can diced green chiles
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 15 oz jar Siete Foods Red Enchilada Sauce, or enchilada sauce of choice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, can sub dairy free shreds if desired
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the pulled rotisserie chicken, black beans, diced green chiles, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and 2 tbsp of enchilada sauce to a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread a thin amount of enchilada sauce (about 1/2 cup) on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place a tortilla flat on a plate and add some of the chicken & black bean mixture into the middle. Roll it up and place seam side down inside the baking dish. Repeat this process with all 8 tortillas, making sure most (if not all) of the filling has been used.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce from the jar over top of the enchiladas.
- Spinkle the cheese (or dairy free cheese) on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are beginning to brown.
- Top with avocado and fresh cilantro and serve! Enjoy!
21 Comments on “Easy Grain Free Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas”
Such an easy and delicious weeknight dinner that even my 5 year old will eat!
These were so easy to make and so tasty. I like to make extra and eat off them for the week, they make incredible leftovers! Sometimes we’ll add rice too and that is also amazing.
Amazing, glad you love these!
Absolutely INCREDIBLE! Tastes amazing and so much easier than making actual enchiladas. This will be a go to for sure.
Thank you Katelyn!
Finally made these! Delicious GF and DF enchiladas. Thanks again for another great recipe.
We loved these healthy enchiladas! Quick and easy. Will definitely make again!
Thank you Shelly!
Out of this world! Quick and easy. Delicious. Full of flavor. Tastes like I was cooking all day, but took me no time at all to assemble!!! Homerun in my house!
This recipe is both simple and delicious! I love that it doesn’t require a made-from-scratch sauce (also Siete never disappoints!) This is a wonderful meal prep recipe and the enchiladas re-heat wonderfully in the air fryer for 6 minutes 😍
I didn’t have cheese so I used the leftover vegan cream cheese from the Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti squash recipe. I spread some down one half of a large grain free tortilla, put the chicken mixture (no beans)on the other side and rolled it up. Poured the enchilada sauce over and baked. So good!
I made these for my husband and some of our friends (also made the instapot Mexican cheesy rice) for dinner and it was such a hit! This opened my eyes up to Siete and what a great brand it is. Thanks so much for the recipes!
Can this made in advanced and then just bake the day of?
Love these! We have made them several times since the recipe went up. They’re delish, easy, and can flex for whatever protein you’re feeling (we like ground beef and adding a little sautéed spinach too). And def make the “cheesy” rice too- super yum together!
I made these last night along with your mexcian cheesy rice and it was delicious!! So simple! Made according to recipe except used a non dairy cheese for topping. Will defintely be making again!!
Ok these were DELICIOUS!!! So flavorful, simple, and a hit with the whole family!! My new Cinco de Mayo and homemade Mexican food go-to!!!
Another home run meal by Mary!! Such a relief to be able to whip up delicious hearty healthy home cooked meal on a weeknight in under 30 minutes!!! We loved these enchiladas and super excited to make these a regular staple!!!
So good! I even made these with a verse enchilada sauce and they turned out so delicious! They will definitely be a staple meal in our house
10/10!!! So easy and flavorful! Made this with your “cheesy rice” and it was amazing!! Got so many compliments and there wasn’t a crumb left behind! You always make us look good in the kitchen, Mary!!