Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies
These Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies are made with just 5 ingredients! They are dairy free, flourless, and delicious!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Why this recipe works
I love a classic oatmeal cookie, but oftentimes they have regular flour and other ingredients I cannot have. These simple almond butter oatmeal cookies contain just 5 simple ingredients. Gluten free oats, almond butter (or nut butter of choice), eggs, coconut sugar, chocolate chips, and cinnamon. You can make them in 20 minutes from start to finish! Perfect for eating for dessert OR breakfast. You can also sub in whatever you have – peanut butter or nut butter of choice, and toppings of choice!
What You Need To Make These Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Old fashioned rolled oats– It’s important to look for gluten free oats if you have a gluten intolerance or Celiac Disease. I love Bob’s Red Mill brand and Thrive Market brand! Thrive’s is Certified GF, and Bob’s is batch tested and process it in a separate facility.
- Almond butter or nut butter of choice – peanut butter also works well. Please note if you use sun butter your cookies might turn green (which could be fun for St. Paddy’s!). Make sure the nut butter is smooth. My favorite is Costco almond butter. It only contains almonds and salt! My favorite peanut butter is Justin’s.
- Coconut sugar
- Baking soda
- Chocolate Chips – Enjoy life dark chocolate chips are my personal favorite.
- sea salt
You can get mostly all of these ingredients on Thrive Market! If you haven’t heard of Thrive, it’s an online retailer where you can get paleo & gluten free pantry staples for cheaper than retail price. It’s super convenient since everything ships directly to your doorstep! You can use this link to get 25% off your first order + a free gift!
This is my favorite mixing bowl set! I use them for everything.
How To Make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Combine the eggs, coconut sugar, and nut butter in a bowl and mix well using a fork. In a separate bowl, mix the oats, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir using a spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips (if using).
Drop 1/4 cup spoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press down using your fingers to form round cookies about 1 inch high and 3 inches wide. Bake them for 11-13 minutes. Let them cool for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
This recipe makes 12 cookies.
Other Fun Mix-Ins:
Don’t feel like you are limited to just chocolate chips! You could also turn these into delicious gluten free breakfast muffin tops by adding:
- Nuts – pistachios, pecans, or walnuts would be delicious
- Dried cranberries
- Coconut flakes
- Date pieces
Regular oats are naturally gluten free, but they may come in contact with gluten-containing grains such as wheat, rye and barley at the farm, in storage or during transportation. For this reason, it’s important to look for gluten free oats if you have Celiac or a gluten intolerance!
These will stay good on the counter in a air-tight container for up to 5 days!
Yes! Let them cool completely, then place them in an air-tight container or sealed plastic bag. They will last for up to 2 months. Let them thaw completely to enjoy!
Yes! These are dairy free oatmeal cookies!
Yes, any nut butter will work for this recipe. Please note if you use sunflower seed butter, they may turn green!
No, but you can make them vegan but substituting 2 tbsp applesauce of 2 flax eggs instead of using regular eggs!
Other Gluten Free Dessert Recipes
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Gluten Free Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the almond butter, eggs, and coconut sugar to a large bowl and mix well using a fork.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop 1/4 cup sized spoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press the cookies down to form cookies that are about 1 inch high and 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until the sides are starting to brown and they are cooked through. Let them cool for 15 minutes before eating. Enjoy!