Healthy Chicken Salad with Grapes
This sweet, savory, & healthy recipe for chicken salad is packed with shredded chicken, grapes, pecans, and celery. A delicious, satisfying lunch!
This post was originally published on 7/14/18 and updated with new photos and copy on 12/3/21!
I’m pretty sure this simple, healthy recipe for chicken salad is one of my favorite lunches of all time. Served in a sandwich, wrap, with gluten-free crackers, or on a bed of lettuce, it’s the most delicious, filling meal! My chicken salad recipe is super easy to make. Just add your ingredients, mix, and you have yourself the most amazing, healthy lunch or snack! Whether you’re Whole30, Paleo, or Keto, this gluten free and dairy free recipe is totally customizable, and pretty much the BEST chicken salad ever!
What Makes this Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe Work
My mom always used to add grapes to her chicken salad when I was growing up, and now I can’t have a chicken salad without them! The sweetness of the grapes, mixed with the savory crunch of the pecans and celery gives this healthy chicken salad the perfect amount of flavor and texture.
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s so versatile. You can add whatever fruit + nuts you have on hand. Blueberries, apples, strawberries, almonds, pecans, you really can’t go wrong! Make a big batch over the weekend to have for lunches throughout the week!
Other Healthy Chicken Salads
How to Make Chicken Salad with Pecans & Grapes
You only need a few ingredients to make this simple recipe, many of which you might already have on hand. All of them are Whole30, Paleo, and customizable to be keto and low carb.
- Chicken Breasts: or the meat from one rotisserie chicken. Whole Foods has Whole30 compliant rotisserie chickens. Most others have added ingredients (even gluten) – so make sure to check your labels! I love getting organic chicken from Butcher Box!
- Mayo: I love Sir Kensington’s mayo and I get the large jar of it at Costco. They removed sugar as an added ingredient, so it is now Whole30 compliant. You can also make your own! This is a great recipe from my friend Natalie at Tastes Lovely!
- Pistachios or Pecans
- Grapes: I know I said this before, but chicken salad with grapes is SO GOOD!
- Celery seed
- Sea Salt
- Shred your chicken into bite-sized pieces
- Add the shredded chicken and remaining ingredients to a large bowl, and mix well.
- Serve on a salad, on a sandwich, or in a paleo wrap.
Mary’s Chicken Salad Pro Tips
Easy Poached Chicken Breasts for Shredding: This is such an easy way to make shredded chicken for your chicken salad! Bring a large pot of water to a boil with chicken breasts inside. Once boiling, cover and remove from heat. Let the breasts sit in the covered pot for 15 minutes. Chop/shred and add to the bowl!
Swaps & Variations: Add in some diced apple, cranberries, walnuts, or really any nut! Depending on your dietary needs, or lifestyle, this healthy salad can totally be made to fit anyone eating keto, Whole30, or paleo!
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to eat! Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Is this recipe for healthy chicken salad also keto? Grapes aren’t typically recommended while eating keto because they are high in sugar, however, this is totally a keto chicken salad if you swap the grapes for blueberries or strawberries! Make sure to follow your personal carb tracking for amounts of fruit to stay within your limits.
Is healthy chicken salad with grapes Whole30 compliant? One tricky thing about the chicken in this recipe is rotisserie chickens or store-bought ready-made chicken often includes sugar in the ingredients! I know it’s super frustrating, which is why I include a super easy recipe to poach and shred your own chicken breasts. Check out specialty stores like Whole Foods for compliant chickens, as many of them do offer this! Otherwise, this recipe is Whole30 compliant and paleo-friendly!
Can I use this healthy chicken salad recipe for meal prep? Yes! As a matter of fact, this is such a great recipe to have one hand. Especially for those busy days where you’re running around and end up at the refrigerator starving and looking for something quick and easy. It’s super filling, delicious, and totally healthy. Not to mention the grapes are a perfect sweet treat! Just store it in the fridge and pull it out whenever you’re ready to eat!
More Healthy Chicken Recipes
Pin This Recipe!
This page contains affiliate links. This means if you use my links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Healthy Chicken Salad with Grapes | Whole30
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken, Rotisserie or make your own poached chicken breasts (instructions above and below!)
- 1 cup sliced grapes
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, raw or dry roasted
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- ⅓ cup mayo
- ½ tsp sea salt, more or less to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp paprika
- Add all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well until combined. Refrigerate until ready to eat! Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.