A quick and easy classic Chicken Salad recipe with no added sugar. Gluten free, dairy free, and Whole30 friendly!
I’m pretty sure this simple chicken salad is one of my favorite lunches of all time. In a sandwich, wrap, or on a bed of lettuce – it’s so delicious! It’s also very easy to make and great for meal prep. Make a big batch over the weekend to have for lunches throughout the week!
My mom always used to add grapes to her chicken salad when I was growing up, and now I can’t have chicken salad without them! The beauty of this recipe is you can add whatever fruit + nuts you have on hand. Blueberries, apples, strawberries, almonds, pecans, etc. – you get the point. You really can’t go wrong!
To keep this Whole30, you will need to use Primal Kitchen sugar-free mayo. I like to get this on Thrive Market. Using this link will get you 25% off your first order + a 30 day free trial. It’s an amazing site where you can get healthier pantry staples for a cheaper than retail price!
You can also make your own mayonnaise. This is a great recipe from my friend Natalie at Tastes Lovely!
You can also use rotisserie chicken or use your instant pot to quickly cook up some chicken breasts.
I used Butcher Box chicken breasts which are so flavorful & juicy every time! Click here to get free bacon + $10 off your first order 🙂 My favorite way to make quick chicken breasts for salads is to simply bring a pot of water to a boil, place chicken breasts in the water, cover, and remove from heat and let them sit for 10-15 minutes. Then shred using two forks!
Ok, let’s get cookin’!
This page may contain affiliate links – Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Sweet & Savory Chicken Salad
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 15-20 grapes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or diced apple
- 1/4 cup pistachios or pecans raw or dry roasted
- 1/4 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1/4 cup mayo Use Primal Kitchen for Whole30
- 1/2 tsp sea salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Cook chicken: Bring a large pot of water to a boil with chicken breasts inside. Once boiling, cover and remove from heat. Let the breasts sit in the covered pot for 15 minutes. Chop/shred and add to a bowl. Omit this step if using rotisserie chicken!
- Add remaining ingredients into a large bowl with the cooked chicken. Mix well until combined. Refrigerate until ready to eat! Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.