Spicy Shrimp Over Creamy Spinach Cauliflower Rice
This Whole30 Spicy Shrimp over Creamy Spinach Cauliflower Rice is a quick and simple meal that comes together in 10 minutes! It is packed with flavor, Whole30 friendly, paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
This Whole30 Spicy Shrimp over Creamy Spinach Cauliflower Rice one of my go-to easy meals using frozen shrimp and cauliflower rice from my freezer! Perfect for those days when I don’t really have a dinner plan and need something quick and easy. I came up with it a while ago, and I’m finally getting it up on the blog!
What Ingredients do I need to make this Whole30 Spicy Shrimp over Creamy Spinach Caulirice?
- 1 lb frozen or fresh peeled/deveined shrimp. I like to get this at Costco! Trader Joe’s also has great frozen shrimp.
- Kite Hill almond milk cream cheese
- Frozen cauliflower rice – I think this has better texture than fresh. I like to get a 5 lb bag of frozen cauliflower rice at Costco.
- Ghee – My favorite ghee to use is Fourth and Heart or Thrive Market brand. You can find both on Thrive Market.
Is Kite Hill cream cheese Whole30 compliant?
I use Kite Hill almond milk cream cheese to give this dish the creaminess factor; however, it is optional. I personally allow nut cheeses when I am doing a Whole30 (in moderation), and I DEFINITELY allow it during my food freedom. I think I eat this stuff more than anything else! It’s amazing. And you can find it in most grocery stores now in the cream cheese section!
Here is Melissa Hartwig’s take on nut cheeses during the Whole30:
“Nut cheeses and dips ARE compliant on the program, with a strong caveat that these should be used with caution, especially if you know you rely on cheese as a comfort or stress-relieving food, OR if cheese is a trigger for other food cravings (like wine or crackers). As with Larabars or almond butter, Whole30 HQ and our Coaches all recommend that program participants use with caution, and think critically about whether including these foods in their Whole30 is a healthy choice, given their contexts and goals.”
I believe everyone has to do what feels best for them! To me, I don’t consider Kite Hill do be SWYPO – it makes life easier for me and makes it easy to go dairy free without sacrificing taste or flavor! I also don’t feel deprived when I eat meals that have a bit of creaminess. To me, it’s not different than using a cashew-based cream sauce!
Can you omit the Cream Cheese or use regular cream cheese?
Yes, definitely! If you omit it, this meal will still be delicious. You can also sub regular cream cheese if you tolerate dairy.
Other shrimp recipes:
Looking for some other shrimp recipes? Check out my Grilled Garlic Butter Dill Shrimp, or Whole30 Shrimp and Grits! And if you make this Whole30 Spicy Shrimp over Creamy Spinach Caulirice, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife! I love seeing your creations 🙂
We are heading out to go on vacation today, so I am making this short and sweet 🙂
Alright – Let’s get cookin’!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something using one of my links I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Spicy Shrimp Over Creamy Spinach Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb frozen shrimp (peeled and deveined, and thawed), I get mine from Trader Joe's!
- 1 16 oz package frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp Kite Hill Foods Chive Almond Milk Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp ghee, or sub vegan butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, reduce for less heat!
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- pinch pepper
- For the shrimp, heat a large saute pan + the ghee over medium high heat. Add shrimp, paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp sea salt, and pepper. Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes each side, until cooked through and no longer opaque.
- Meanwhile, heat another pan with the olive oil over medium high heat. Add caulirice and cook 5-7 minutes until softened. Add remaining 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and pinch of pepper. Add spinach and stir for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Stir in the cream cheese until melted. Serve shrimp on top of the caulirice/spinach mixture, and enjoy!
79 Comments on “Spicy Shrimp Over Creamy Spinach Cauliflower Rice”
OH MY GOODNESS! This meal is so easy to make and packed with flavor. Delicious!!
So glad you enjoyed it!
Easy and so delicious! Whole family loved it. Thank you.
So glad to hear it!
Can this be made with another option besides shrimp?
Sure, any protein will work!
This was absolutely delicious! I was skeptical the cream cheese would add anything (because it’s such a little amount) but it added just a little something extra! So good! I will definitely be making this again.
Fantastic recipe!! So quick and so much flavor. I did cut back on the pepper flakes, and doubled the cream cheese. Also used smoked paprika – ohmigosh! Delicious. Thank you.
This recipe is so easy to make it took me like 10 mins!! Loved the flavor of the sauce that the shrimp are in and the cream cheese in the cauli rice is surprisingly so mild but delicious!! I will definitely be making this again.