This Spicy Shrimp over Creamy Spinach Cauliflower Rice is a quick and simple meal that comes together in 10 minutes! It is packed with flavor, Whole30 friendly, paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
This is one of my go-to easy meals using frozen shrimp and cauliflower rice from my freezer! Perfect for those days when I don’t really have a dinner plan and need something quick and easy. I came up with it a while ago, and I’m finally getting it up on the blog!
I use Kite Hill almond milk cream cheese to give this dish the creaminess factor; however, it is optional. I personally allow nut cheeses when I am doing a Whole30 (in moderation), and I DEFINITELY allow it during my food freedom. I think I eat this stuff more than anything else! It’s amazing. And you can find it in most grocery stores now in the cream cheese section! Here is Melissa Hartwig’s take on nut cheeses during the Whole30:
“Nut cheeses and dips ARE compliant on the program, with a strong caveat that these should be used with caution, especially if you know you rely on cheese as a comfort or stress-relieving food, OR if cheese is a trigger for other food cravings (like wine or crackers). As with Larabars or almond butter, Whole30 HQ and our Coaches all recommend that program participants use with caution, and think critically about whether including these foods in their Whole30 is a healthy choice, given their contexts and goals.”
We are heading out to go on vacation today, so I am making this short and sweet 🙂
Alright – Let’s get cookin’!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something using one of my links I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Spicy Shrimp Over Creamy Spinach Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb frozen shrimp (peeled and deveined, and thawed) I get mine from Trader Joe's!
- 1 16 oz package frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp Kite Hill Foods Chive Almond Milk Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes reduce for less heat!
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch pepper
- For the shrimp, heat a large saute pan + the ghee over medium high heat. Add shrimp, paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp sea salt, and pepper. Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes each side, until cooked through and no longer opaque.
- Meanwhile, heat another pan with the olive oil over medium high heat. Add caulirice and cook 5-7 minutes until softened. Add remaining 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and pinch of pepper. Add spinach and stir for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Stir in the cream cheese until melted. Serve shrimp on top of the caulirice/spinach mixture, and enjoy!