Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
This pumpkin baked oatmeal is a simple & delicious gluten free and dairy free Fall breakfast! Full of healthy ingredients and yummy flavors, this easy meal prep recipe is the perfect seasonal dish.
What Makes This Recipe Great
I usually love a savory breakfast, but there’s nothing tastier than a delicious bowl of oatmeal or some pancakes every now and then! This Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal is so simple to throw together and is full of warm, seasonal spices in every bite.
The best part? This gluten-free and dairy-free recipe is perfect for meal prep, easy on-the-go breakfast, and/or a kid-friendly snack! Pumpkin season just gets better and better!
- Simple Ingredients & Recipe
- Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free
- Easy Meal Prep
Gluten-Free Oats: Since I have Celiac, this is really important. Not all oats are safe for me to eat. I like to get these gluten-free oats from Bob’s Red Mill (I found them at Wegmans) since they batch-test them for gluten. Trader Joe’s also has gluten-free oats which passed my Nima Sensor gluten tester. If you don’t need to worry about gluten, then any brand of oats is fine!
Pumpkin Puree: Look for a can that only contains pumpkin. You can also use canned sweet potato if you prefer!
Dairy-Free Milk of Choice: I used Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk
Chopped Pecans: I like to get these from Thrive Market or Trader Joe’s.
You can click HERE to shop all of these items on Thrive Market!
Recipe Step by Step
- Preheat your oven to 375. Spray a 2 qt casserole dish with cooking oil. (I love this 7.5 in x 10.5 x Staub casserole dish).
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the pecans in a large bowl and mix well. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Top with the pecan halves.
- Bake for 30 minutes until it is set.
- Serve with desired toppings!
Mary’s Tips & Tricks
How to Serve: I serve my baked oatmeal topped with more almond milk, a scoop of full-fat coconut cream (the thick part from a can of coconut milk), and maple syrup.
Storage: Let your pumpkin baked oatmeal cool completely before placing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat within 4-5 days for optimal freshness.
Sweet Potato Swap: If you prefer, swap out the pumpkin puree for canned sweet potato!
Toppings: Feel free to add chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans, maple syrup, whipped cream, chocolate chips, raisins, and/or dried cranberries to make this pumpkin baked oatmeal even yummier!
If you don’t have this specific blend on hand, use this recipe to make your own!
Simply combine 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp ground nutmeg, 3/4 tsp ground cloves, and 3/4 tsp allspice.
This recipe is perfect for meal prep. Make it in advance on Sunday and eat it for the week! Simply store in individual containers and reheat as needed, or keep in a large pan and warm up your portion each morning.
This recipe is not vegan as it contains eggs, however, it is dairy free. If you need to make it vegan, you can replace the egg with a vegan alternative like a flax or chia egg.
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dairy free milk of choice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 2 qt (mine was 7.5 in x 10.5 in) casserole dish with cooking oil.
- Combine all of the ingredients (except for pecans) in a large bowl and mix well. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Top with pecans, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with more dairy free milk, a dollop of coconut cream, and more maple syrup. Enjoy!
This post was originally published on September 23, 2020 and updated with new photos and copy on September 10, 2022.
37 Comments on “Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal”
So easy to make! Loved this!
This is like a breakfast custard and it’s delicious!
So glad you enjoyed it!!
This is such a great fall treat. Flavors are perfect.
Thank you Stacey!
I never leave reviews but it’s just that good! The whole family can finally agree on what’s for breakfast.
This makes me so happy! Thanks Michele!