Instant Pot Taco Pasta (Gluten Free)
This Instant Pot Taco Pasta is a quick and delicious dinner the entire family will love! Gluten free, dairy free, and uses minimal ingredients.
Nothing beats an easy, stress-free meal made in the Instant Pot on a busy weeknight! This Instant Pot Taco Pasta is kid friendly (just cut back on the chili powder, if desired), and I bet it will be a crowd pleaser with even the pickiest of eaters! Cooking pasta in the Instant Pot can be very hit or miss. I’ve included a special formula below, which yields the perfect al dente pasta, every time. This meal only requires one pot, so you don’t have multiple dishes to do at the end of the night.
What You Need To Make This Instant Pot Taco Pasta
I prefer to make this using Jovial Foods Gluten Free Fusilli. This can be found at many stores (here is a store locator!), or you can get it on Thrive Market! Click here to get 20% off your first Thrive order, plus a free gift! You can use any pasta, just make sure to use the equation for cooking times listed below.
In addition, you’ll also need:
Olive oil or avocado oil
Ground beef (you can also sub ground turkey or ground chicken)
Can of diced green chiles
Can of diced tomatoes
Kite Hill Almond Milk Cream Cheese (OR you can use regular shredded cheese, or Siete Foods cashew queso).
Spices: chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano
This is the Instant Pot that I have. The 6 qt duo seems to yield enough for my family of 5 without any issues!
How To Make This In The Instant Pot
First, turn the Instant Pot to sauté and heat the olive oil. Add in the ground beef and diced onion, and stir for 4-5 minutes until the meat is mostly browned. Hit “keep warm/cancel”.
Add in the diced green chiles, tomato paste, diced tomatoes with juices, and the spices. Stir well.
Add in the pasta and the broth. Stir again.
Lock the lid and turn the vent to “sealing”. Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release the steam. Stir in the Kite Hill cream cheese (or shredded cheese or cashew queso), Serve topped with toppings of choice. Enjoy!
How To Make Pasta In The Instant Pot
Typically the rule of thumb for cooking pasta in the instant pot is to look at the cook time on the package, and divide it by 2. Then subtract 2. For example, the cook time for fusilli is normally 12 minutes. Divided by 2 = 6 – 2 = 4 minutes. You can use this equation for any pasta! I have not tested this with any other type of paleo pasta (only brown rice).
12 / 2 = 6 – 2 = 4 minutes
If the cooking time on the package says 10 minutes, then it would be 10/2 = 5 – 2 = 3 minutes.
It seems confusing, but I promise it works!
Looking for some other delicious pasta recipes to make in the IP? Check these out!
Dairy Free Cajun Pasta (Chili’s knockoff)
If you try this and love it, the best way to say thank you is to leave a 5-star rating and comment below. Don’t forget to share what you make and tag me on Instagram! Happy Cooking!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Instant Pot Taco Pasta (Gluten Free)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4.5 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder, reduce to 1/2 tsp for less heat!
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 box Jovial Foods Gluten Free Fusilli pasta, *any pasta will work - see directions below*
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz Kite Hill Cream Cheese, OR 1/2 cup shredded cheese, OR 1/2 cup cashew queso
- Diced tomato
- Instant Pot
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute and heat the olive oil. Add in the ground beef and diced onion and stir for 4-5 minutes until the meat is mostly browned. Hit "keep warm/cancel".
- Add in the diced green chiles, tomato paste, diced tomatoes with juices, and the spices. Stir well.
- Add in the pasta and the broth. Stir again.
- Lock the lid and turn the vent to "sealing". Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release the steam.
- Stir in the Kite Hill cream cheese (or shredded cheese or cashew queso). Serve topped with toppings of choice. Enjoy!