10-Minute Shrimp Piccata
I’m all about quick, easy dinners that pack a ton of flavor. I also love anything with a lemon butter sauce, whether it be Chicken Piccata, Shrimp Scampi, or this combo dish…Shrimp Piccata! Really the only thing that makes it “Piccata” in my mind is the capers. I served it with gluten free spaghetti (brand: Jovial Foods) tonight, but you can make this Paleo & Whole30 friendly by serving it over zoodles or caulirice.
This is buttery lemony perfection and a great dish to make for when you have company over! It’s super easy to throw together but looks and tastes fancy. Can’t beat that. If you tolerate dairy, it would be great with some parmesan sprinkled on top, too!
For this dish, I used frozen shrimp from Trader Joes and my favorite ghee from Fourth & Heart, which you can get here on Thrive market!
10 minute Shrimp Piccata
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 lb wild caught shrimp (I use the frozen kind from Trader Joe's - peeled, deveined, peel on)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 lemons (one for juicing, one for garnish)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder, dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- ¼ cup capers, more or less to taste - I like a lot of them 🙂
- 1 box or container pasta or zoodles of choice
- Thaw your shrimp (if frozen). Get water boiling for pasta (if using regular pasta), or begin cooking your side dish/zoodle of choice.
- Heat olive oil and ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until pink and no longer opaque. Add salt and garlic and stir for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add juice from one lemon and chicken broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Stir in arrowroot/water slurry mixture and stir. It should thicken quickly.
- Toss with pasta of choice and capers, and serve with sliced lemons on top. Enjoy!