These Whole30 Teriyaki Burgers with Grilled Pineapple are perfect for grilling this summer! They have a tasty gluten free & soy free homemade teriyaki sauce, grilled onion and pineapple, and a lettuce bun. These burgers are Whole30, Paleo, and dairy free!
*Thank you to True Aussie Beef & Lamb for sponsoring this post!
I am so excited to be partnering with my friends over at True Aussie Beef & Lamb to bring you this Whole30 Teriyaki Burgers with Grilled Pineapple recipe! It is perfect for summer. The homemade burgers are packed with flavor, especially when they are topped with a soy free, gluten free Teriyaki sauce. Grilling pineapple brings out their natural sweetness and it is so tasty! These burgers remind me a lot of the Banzai Burger from Red Robin, which used to be my go-to order! I like to add some mayo and grilled red onion.
Why should I use Australian Grassfed Beef?
Australia produces some of the highest quality, healthiest, and most nutritious beef and lamb in the world. They keep care for both the animals and the environment at the core of everything they do. Which is why I am proud to be working with them!
With cattle raised on pasture, Australian grassfed beef products are lean and naturally contain 13 essential nutrients required for good health, including Iron, Zinc, Omega-3 and B vitamins. Grassfed beef is naturally leaner, and it tends to cook about 30% faster than traditional meat.
Click here to find out where you can find Aussie Grassfed Beef & Lamb near you! It’s sold at Giant, Safeway, and Weis Market near me.
What Ingredients do I need to make these burgers?
These burgers use simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your fridge and pantry!
For the burgers:
- 1 lb Australian Grassfed Beef
- Minced garlic
- powdered ginger
- fresh cilantro
- coconut aminos
- salt & pepper
For the teriyaki sauce:
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple or orange juice
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- minced garlic
- arrowroot powder
- powdered ginger
- crushed red pepper
And 3 pineapple rings and 1 red onion. One lb of ground beef will yield 3 burgers. Double this to make 6.
I like to add some Whole30 friendly mayo to my burgers. You can serve them on lettuce “buns” to keep them compliant, or serve on a regular/gluten free bun of choice!
The Teriyaki Sauce can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator, or you can make it while the burgers are cooking.
If you make these burgers, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations! Looking for some other fun summer grilling recipes? Check out these Beef & Pineapple Kabobs or Greek Burgers!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Whole30 Teriyaki Burgers with Grilled Pineapple
- 1 lb Australian Grassfed ground beef
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 pineapple rings (save 1/4 cup juice for sauce)
- 1 red onion sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 head lettuce cut into "buns" (or alternatively use a regular or GF bun)
- Heat your grill over medium heat. Bring all of the teriyaki sauce ingredients (except for arrowroot and water) to a boil in a small sauce pan on the stove. In a separate small bowl, stir the arrowroot powder and water together to create a slurry. Once the sauce is bubbling, whisk in the slurry mixture. It should thicken immediately. Remove from heat until ready to use.
- Combine all of the burger ingredients in a bowl and mix well using your hands. Form 3 patties, about 5 inches wide and 1 inch thick. Grill them for 3-4 minutes per side, brushing some of the teriyaki sauce on each side before flipping. While the burgers are cooking, add the onion slices and pineapple rings to the grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until they have nice grill marks but are not too charred.
- Serve the burgers on lettuce "buns" topped with additional teriyaki sauce, the red onion, and pineapple.