Instant Pot Pumpkin Turkey Chili
This Instant Pot Pumpkin Turkey Chili comes together in less than 25 minutes. It is Whole30, paleo, gluten free, and even pumpkin haters will love it!
*Recipe and photos updated 9/3/2019
Happy Fall y’all! I had been planning to re-photograph this Instant Pot Pumpkin Turkey Chili, and couldn’t resist these cute pumpkin bowls from Pier 1!
This chili is my go-to recipe when fall arrives. It’s stupid easy, and has the perfect amount of sweet & savory. Instead of sour cream, I decided to add a dollop of coconut cream (the hardened part of a can of full fat coconut milk) to the top, and it was SO GOOD. It melts right into the chili and gives it a creaminess factor that is so delish.
Your house will also smell AMAZING while this is cooking!!
If you’re not a ground turkey fan, I’ve also made this with ground beef and it works well, too! And if you or someone in your life doesn’t love pumpkin, don’t worry. This chili doesn’t have a ton of pumpkin taste to it.
While this recipe is Whole30 compliant, you can certainly add in some black beans (or any beans you want) if you tolerate legumes! I’ve also added cubed sweet potato (and served it over a sweet potato), and it’s excellent.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet but you’ve been thinking about getting one, this is the one I have! It was probably one of the best kitchen gadgets I’ve ever purchased. It makes life a LOT easier – especially on busy week nights! I was super scared to use it when I first got it, but now we’re BFFs. The steam release really isn’t that scary – promise!
I’ve also included slow cooker directions for anyone who doesn’t have an Instant Pot!
Ok – let’s get cookin’!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Instant Pot Pumpkin Turkey Chili
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tbsp ghee, or cooking fat of choice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pepper (red or green), diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces fire-roasted diced green chilis
- ¾ cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt (to taste- start small, add more if needed after cooking!)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute and add your cooking fat. Once heated, add in the onions and peppers and saute for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften. Add in the garlic and stir for another minute or two. Sprinkle some salt over the veggies.
- Add in the ground turkey and saute until browned (almost cooked through). Add in the remaining ingredients, including spices. Stir everything to combine. Hit the "cancel/keep warm" button and then manually pressure cook for 15 minutes on high pressure.
- When it's done, you can manually release the pressure to eat right away, or let it release on it's own if you have some time to kill. Top with cilantro, coconut cream, regular sour cream, or whatever you desire. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Heat ghee in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onions, pepper, and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add ground turkey and saute until cooked through 5-7 minutes. Add everything into the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Enjoy!