This Mulled Wine is the perfect festive beverage to serve at all of your holiday gatherings this year! It's made from a combination of red wine, apple cider, orange juice, and spices. It is gluten free and vegan.
- 1 750 ml bottle red wine I used cabernet sauvignon
- 1 cup fresh apple cider check ingredients to ensure it's just apples/apple juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup more if you like a lot of sweetness
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 star anise
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup brandy or your other favorite liquor optional
Add all ingredients to a large pot and heat up over medium heat until just simmering. Do not bring to a boil (otherwise you might boil off the alcohol!) Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for a minimum of 15 minutes (max 3 hours). Serve with a slice of orange, apple, cranberries, and cinnamon stick. Enjoy!