"Soy" Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
A delicious Whole30 side dish made from brussels sprouts, bacon, and a gluten free/soy free sweet and salty sauce.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts stems removed and halved
- 6 strips sugar free, uncured bacon chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp olive oil, sesame oil, or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Red Boat fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 425. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add bacon pieces to the baking sheet and cook for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine coconut aminos, oil, vinegar, garlic, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and whisk well. Add the chopped brussels sprouts to a bowl and pour the sauce over them. Toss to coat well.
Remove the bacon from the oven and add the sauce-coated brussels sprouts. Toss to combine so the bacon fat is mixed in with everything else.
Cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the brussels sprouts and bacon are crispy.