Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole
This delicious Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole is gluten free, dairy free, grain free, and has a crunchy maple cayenne pecan topping. It's sure to be a crowd pleaser at your Thanksgiving table!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
- 3-4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks about 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk or any dairy free milk
- 2 eggs omit for vegan or use flax eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cups raw unsalted pecans chopped
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Preheat over to 375. Grease a 3 qt casserole dish with cooking spray or ghee. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the peeled sweet potato chunks and cover. Cook until fork-tender (10-15 minutes). Drain and add them to a large bowl.
Add coconut sugar, ghee (or coconut oil), coconut milk, vanilla, and sea salt. Let the mixture cool a bit before pouring in the eggs so they don't cook! Add in eggs and beat everything together well. Pour into the greased casserole dish.
Combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Spread evenly over the top of the casserole. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the pecans - if they begin to get too brown, simply add the foil back on top. Serve and enjoy!