Sausage & Fennel Pasta with Mushrooms & Spinach
This Sausage & Fennel Pasta with Mushrooms & Spinach is a delicious, quick, and easy skillet meal. It is gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and soy free. Perfect for busy weeknights or entertaining a crowd!
Servings 4 people
- 1 box Jovial Foods gluten free Tagliatelle or pasta of choice
- 1 lb Italian Sausage casings removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb coarsely chopped, fronds removed
- 2 cups raw baby spinach
- 8 oz mushrooms cremini or white
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk whisked before measuring
- 1/2 tsp sea salt more or less to taste
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add fennel, sausage, garlic and mushrooms. Saute until the sausage is browned and cooked through and the fennel and mushrooms have softened, approximately 7-8 minutes. Add in chicken broth, stir, and let it simmer until the pasta is done.
Add in spinach and stir 1-2 minutes until wilted. Stir in the coconut milk. Add in drained pasta and toss to combine.
Serve with parsley if desired. Enjoy!