This Mulled Wine is the perfect festive beverage to serve at all of your holiday gatherings this year! It's made from a combination of red wine, apple cider, orange juice, and spices. It is gluten free and vegan.
- 1 750 ml bottle red wine, I used cabernet sauvignon
- 1 cup fresh apple cider , check ingredients to ensure it's just apples/apple juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, more if you like a lot of sweetness
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 star anise
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup brandy or your other favorite liquor, optional
Add all ingredients to a large pot and heat up over medium heat until just simmering. Do not bring to a boil (otherwise you might boil off the alcohol!) Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for a minimum of 15 minutes (max 3 hours). Serve with a slice of orange, apple, cranberries, and cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Calories: 103kcal, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 4mg, Potassium: 107mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 35IU, Vitamin C: 7mg, Calcium: 38mg, Iron: 1mg