Banana bread is probably one of my favorite things to make when I have ripe bananas lying around. Sometimes I do bread, sometimes I do muffins, but this week I decided to combine two of my faves- banana bread + DONUTS! These delightful treats are paleo, grain-free, and healthier than your average Dunkin Donut 🙂 They are only sweetened with maple syrup and banana – you can omit the chocolate chips and add in walnuts or whatever you want!
I’ve tried MANY different paleo banana recipes over the last couple of years, and I feel like this is the perfect combo of all of them. These are light and fluffy and wait for it…moist! The kids love them and it’s a breakfast you can actually feel pretty good about feeding them.
I got my non-stick donut pan at Homegoods a couple of months ago and I am so excited that I finally decided to use it! I will definitely be making these more now that I know they were a success 🙂
My favorite chocolate chips are Enjoy Life Foods dark morsels – they are gluten free (and free of the top 8 allergens). I usually get them on Thrive Market!
*This page contains affiliate links – Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Banana Bread Donuts
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- handful of chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and cashew butter in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix all remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips). Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into donut pan until each one is 3/4 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. This yields approximately 9 donuts.
- For the drizzle, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl. Use a spoon to drizzle over the donuts!