This recipe was inspired by this one time when I made maple cayenne roasted pecans for a dessert out of one of the Against All Grain cookbooks. The flavors were so amazing, and I thought to myself…this would be REALLY good with some sweet potatoes. And then I thought about how amazing bacon would be…and how those go really well with brussels sprouts, so why not combine them all?! This would be a great Thanksgiving side dish, or yummy with two fried eggs on top. The possibilities are endless!
Maple Cayenne Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Brussels with Bacon
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 lb bag brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 package uncured bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup 100% pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl and spread onto baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through to incorporate the bacon fat. Enjoy!