Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of those must-have things at any party, game day, tailgate, etc. You really can’t go wrong with this fool-proof, quick, and easy recipe! If you have an Instant Pot, you need to make this. And if you don’t, you can definitely make it in a Crock Pot, too – just cook on low for 7-8 hours and then stir in the ranch and cream cheese.
For the creaminess factor, I use Tessemae’s Creamy Ranch & Kite Hill Foods Jalapeno almond milk cream cheese to keep it dairy free. I brought this to a party last night and literally nobody knew it was dairy or gluten free- WINNING. They just raved how delicious it was!
I recently found this creamy ranch dressing at my Walmart, which was a nice surprise! Make sure to check your local grocery stores, as more and more places are starting to sell the Whole30 products I use and love.
I used a pre-made Whole30 friendly buffalo sauce from The New Primal, but you could definitely use Frank’s Red Hot or another hot sauce of choice with 1/4 cup of ghee in place of it.
For a Whole30 version, just use about 1/4 cup of compliant mayo in place of the cream cheese – technically I think it’s still compliant WITH the cream cheese – but i think the “cheese” factor is considered to be SYPO. I’ll leave it up to you to decide 😉
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (3 large ones)
- 1 12 oz bottle Buffalo sauce or sub 1 1/4 cups hot sauce + 1/4 cup ghee in place of this
- 1/2 cup Tessemae's Creamy Ranch or Sir Kensington's new Ranches will work too
- 4 oz dairy free cream cheese I used Kite Hill brand - jalapeno flavor
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Pour buffalo sauce over top. Make sure it's set to "sealing" and press "manual" high pressure for 15 minutes. It will take a bit for it to come to pressure. Manually release the pressure when done.
- Shred the chicken inside the pot using 2 forks (or an electric mixer works well!).
- Stir in the ranch and cream cheese. Pour into an oven-safe casserole dish. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until the dip is bubbling. Serve with carrots & celery or your favorite grain free tortilla chips or crackers! Enjoy 🙂